When I looked at the weather forecast yesterday, for today, it said it would be nice all day. So I half decided I would take the afternoon off, to go to the allotment and maybe do some work in the front garden as well. I wish I'd bothered to look again at the forecast...
I had literally stepped outside the door, wellies and gardening gloves in hand, allotment key in pocket, when the heavens opened! I stayed there for a few minutes to see if would would abate, and when it didn't, I decided that I would just have to have an indoors afternoon. There's plenty to do. After about half an hour it had stopped, so I decided to start work in the front garden, and got into it so much I never did go to the allotment! Both green wheelie bins are now full, and there's a lot fewer bindweed roots in one particular bit of border, and a lot less mess in general.
And of course, it was 'activity', which is good for my back. Unlike rest (or too much of it). I slept all evening yesterday, a catch-up evening, but then I'm in a lot of pain by about 4am, and find the rest of my sleep disturbed by the pain. I will just have to learn to keep going in the evening, and go to bed early (even 11pm would be a good start!)
Which means I have 2 hours left of the evening, so I'm going to go and make good use of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment