I think I'm in the same place I was back in May 2008, just before we went on holiday to Turkey. In a lot of pain.
Alex was heavy then, at 2 yr 8 months (but he was much larger than most boys of the same age) and I still carried him around rather too much, and I soon discovered, through a chance meeting with an osteopath, that my pelvis was out of alignment. I remember complaining to a friend that I couldn't face another pregnancy whilst my back was so bad.
Part of me wants to just go to bed for a week, cos it's getting me down, but I know very well that you don't treat back pain with rest, but with activity.
I'm trying to be very aware of my whole body position when dealing with Philippa, as in, not bending over her when dressing/undressing her, but kneeling on the floor, or sitting on the stool, so my back is straight, and I can use my arms to do the work, not my back.
1 comment:
It's nice to see you posting again; it's fun to 'hear' your 'voice' in a way that is different from one-to-one communication. I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain, though. I'm wondering if you've misaligned something again. It might be that you need a session with an osteo to realign, then you can keep going with the good maintenance stuff you already know. Gentle {{{hugs}}} anyway - I hope you're feeling better soon.
Post a Comment