Well, here we are, in a new year.
We had a good and noisy christmas up at Mum's, and a quiet New Year in Cardiff, watching Jools on the tv as we often do, cos he has the best music on then.
So - plans for the year? Not moving house. Other things have to happen first before we can, so we've decided to have a proper holiday. In 2011 we only managed a long weekend in a caravan in West Wales, and 2 nights in the lake district in May. We have decided to go to the Isle of Wight this year, as we've never been, and there's loads of good beaches, and a Dinosaur museum too! We won't be braving a caravan again just yet, but hopefully a chalet/lodge, so the children can have a room each (and not wake each other up in the night).
I will be gently looking for a new job. I think 12 years is a good effort, and I think I'd like to stretch myself a bit more if possible. But if it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't.
Definitely put more effort into the allotment (but then we say this every year and then don't do it). Last year wasn't too bad early on, as I put quite a bit of effort in, going on my Mondays off, with Pippa asleep in her pushchair or the car. But we still didn't cultivate all of the plot, and given how big it is, that's crazy! We did plant potatoes in a bit that hadn't had anything in it before, and we grew a massive pumpkin. But a lot of stuff that I planted here at home to take down there either got muched here, or didn't survive once it got down there. I still need to get over my desire to sow stuff here to take there, rather than just trusting the plants to grow in situ; but if I do it here, I feel good, because I've done something! I thankfully have 8.5 days leave left till the end of March, so I will be using them productively. Roly and Alex want to grow wheat this year, so one of the sections will be given over to that.
1 comment:
Wheat! Very cool! Geodyne tried that a couple of years ago; I think it fell foul of the horses in the next field. Well, once they got *out* of the next field, anyway...
Better gardening is on my radar too, this year- if I can find the time and energy together, at least. Health and work have to come first.
Speaking of work - I have been accepted as an exhibitor for Wonderwool Wales! So I will be much closer to you than usual at the end of April. Yayy!!
Post a Comment