In the car on the way from the Penarth lights switch-on, and we were debating whether to go to McDonalds or not. Alex had been quite lively, to say the least, and we didn't feel he would behave if we chose to eat in. So I asked him 'how do we know that you will behave if we eat in?'.
Alex: I will Mummy. Do you know, that I actually like being good?
Me: No, I didn't Alex. But I'm very glad indeed to hear that you do. Do you know something else? It makes Mummy and Daddy extremely happy when you are good.
Alex: No, I didn't know that.
Me: So you will be good in McD's?
Alex: Yes. We will do a Thumb Promise when we get there. You can't break that.
And he was as good as his word! He didn't mess around, ate his food before playing with the toy, and
Interesting progress...
No comments:
Post a Comment