We knew the time to tell about the baby would have to be soon, because we're takinh him to the 2nd scan. Roly had got a book a while ago about a little boy becoming a big brother, so I read it to him yesterday morning. He didn't ask any questions about it. When we were reading bedtime story (all lying on our bed), I felt the baby kick, so I got Alex's hand and put it on my tummy, but of course it stopped kicking. So I asked him if my tummy was fat, and why was it fat? Do you know what's in there? 'A baby' (we have been talking about the potential of there being a baby in there for a while, but never made it an absolute - but of course future and present time are all the same for him).
He put his head down onto my tummy. (aaah) We showed him the scan pictures from the 1st scan (not much of a reaction).
This morning he climbed onto the bed, and said 'while we are on out bike ride. can you lift up your tshirt, so I can see if your tummy's got bigger?'. So naturally, I said that I could do that now, I didn't need to do so outside.
He can be so lovely. But, I am writing this while he does a repeat of last Sunday night - refusing to just stay in bed and go to sleep. He didn't go to sleep till after 10pm last Sunday, and I was in tears with frustration, and the knowledge that if I went in a sat next to him (to keep him in bed) he would be asleep really quickly. But that only proves to him how far he has to push me to get me to go in and sit there. He has been in bed since 8pm tonight, I know he's tired, cos he was yawning his head off then, and after I'd sung to him. Thursday and Friday were completely different, as he didn't get out of bed once, and went straight to sleep. So why this again?? Why the need to push me now?
We've had such a lovely afternoon, at Cardiff Model trains, meeting up with friends, some planned and some un-planned, and it just seems like such a long time ago now.
No comments:
Post a Comment