Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big gap again

Well, I'm not doing the whole update thing much....

Been on holiday to Sligo, Ireland again for a week.

Had second scan (although that was ages ago now) and we're having a girl. She will be named Philippa Harriet (we think). Alex responded quite well to finding out he's having a sister. He won't kiss my tummy yet, but will blow a kiss at it, and has laid his head on it a few times.

I made what will probably be my last escape on my own at the weekend, when I went up north on the train, to my School reunion, and for Father's Day. It was Roland's suggestion that I went up on my own, rather that the 3 of us doing an unpleasant 6 hour journey in the car on Friday and back on Sunday. They had a great time together without me, and I managed quite well too!!
We had 5 of us there - Anita (and baby James!), Zoe and her girls, Sam Siddle, Jacquie McNicholas and me. We had hoped to have a picnic at Preston Park, but it rained pretty heavily on the way over, so we decamped to Preston Farm Brewer's Fayre. I spoke to Alex on the phone whilst there, and he came out with this gorgeous phrase..: 'Can I blow you akiss mummy, xxx, pphhoo(blew it down the phone), and give you a cuddle [said huggle huggle huggle], now it's coming down the phone to get you on the cheek, and the cuddle is going to get you on the arm'. I was crying cos it was so lovely!

No comments: