Sunday, July 04, 2010

17) quiet...?

Well, it was certainly as surprise to find that I haven't posted for nearly 2 MONTHS....
Quite often I find that I have ideas, or thoughts for something I would like to post on here, but I never get as far as doing so. Probably cos I spend too much time on Facebook, nosing at what other people are doing, instead of getting on and doing things myself. So, I want to cut down Facebook activity by half, and spend that time posting what I want to.

Had a couple of really busy weekends, last one and this. Going to an open garden, a charity fete, beach, Socttish Dance festival, Mini trains, Country Park, local park, getting car MOT'd (when I found it had run out), viewing a house..... and being ill and off work for 2 days, when I only went back to work after 9 months off on maternity leave (when I wasn't ill at all, except for mastitis, once) last Monday. Mmmm...

We really ought to stop viewing houses, cos until this one has been valued, and is on the market, then we're not in a position to put in an offer on anything. Getting it valued is one thing, cos the estate agent can look past a certain amount of mess to see the house around it, but the thought that pictures will be taken, and they will then go on a website, where anyone and everyone can see them, is quite scary, and will require a lot more work. So to this end, I have been up in the attic quite a lot recently, like 2 out of the last 3 days. I was probably up there for about an hour today, and managed to empty 5 boxes, of stuff, just by making full boxes out of half boxes that were lying around. I have brought down a load of files of notes from when I was at UWIC studying, and will be enjoying putting them in the recycling bin. Even got rid of the Foot Spa I've had for ages, on Freecycle.

It's so long since we posted, that we've also been on holiday to Scotland in May half term, meeting up with Caroline Brockbank and family in Edinburgh, visiting St Andrews, Dundee and Aberdeen. We went to Broughty Ferry, just outside Dundee, where Grandad's own grandad was buried (also an Alex). Quite a few beaches were visited that week, which kept Alex pretty happy and busy.

As I've gone back to work, Philippa has started creche and seems to have settled in pretty well so far.

As usual when writing posts, I don't have my camera up here with me, so downloading photos will have to wait for a bit....

No comments: