Had my first MRI scan today.
I was referred for it because my little baby girl has been doing some strange wriggling and to me it felt like possible little seizures. The consultant wasn't really sure either, so wanted the MRI done to try and help with a diagnosis. I still hadn't heard when the appointment was by last Friday, so had to ring the hospital to find out, and they said it was today at 12!! Thankfully you can eat and drink normally before it and they don't need a wee sample either.
The bit you have to lie on is rather hard, and I knew very quickly that my back was not going to do well. They whizzed me into the machine with only the top of my head peeping out (in feet first), and that's when the claustrophobia (albeit mild) also kicked in. So I asked them to get me out again quickly. I had to have several pads/cushions put under my back, bum and knees in order to alleviate some of the pain in my back. I was also quite worried that my legs might cramp up whilst in there, as they have been doing this a lot in bed. They give you a sensor to hold that will clal them if you need them, but thankfully, I had taken my firend Ann with me. I'm so glad I did, cos I would have really struggled on my own.
I decided to keep my eyes shut the whole time when they put me in the tunnel properly, as I didn't want to freak myself out again with how enclosed it is. The machine only made intermittent, but loud, noises, not a continuous one that some people experience. This was good as it meant Ann and I could have a conversation during the whole 20 minutes.
My back completely locked up while I was in there, so I couldn't raise my knees at all or sit up, so I was in rather a lot of pain for the rest of the day.
Still it's done, and the results were normal, so whatever she's doing in there isn't cause for concern.
No comments:
Post a Comment