Well, I've not posted for so long, I don't know what to say first. I can't write it all, and I probably can't remember 'it' all anyway!!
Most of the reason for not posting much, is that I'm pregnant. And with that has been a huge amount of tiredness, as in, putting Alex to bed, and crashing out myself, till the next morning....coupled with pretty bad backache, which started before the pregnancy, but isn't getting better. So staying awake to use the computer in the evening hasn't really happened much!
I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant, due 4th October. No obvious bump yet, and all my trousers (well except one rather slim pair of black jeans) still fit! Mum's getting re-married on Saturday, and I'm sort of hoping the bump won't show too much under my dress!!
Our allotment needs quite a bit of work... Stephen, who shares the other half of the plot has his all beautifully dug, and pristine...depressing. Half of ours was never dug in the first place, and what we did dig in sept and oct last year, needs redigging. Trying to get Roly down there seems pretty difficult at the moment - everything else seems more important to him (like spending over 4 hours this afternoon with his brother metal detecting - cheers guys). I will have to take a photo of Stephen's half to show him what we're up against. The site we're on takes part in the Best Site class of the Cardiff Allotment competition, so we have to get a move on(not least because once the bump is too big I can't dig round it!!).
But I have put in the second earlies, and the maincrops are nearly ready to go in. :) And at home, I have pots of broad beans, peas, french beans all sitting in the cold frame merrily putting on roots (no shoots yet). Some of the broad bean roots are nearly out of the bottom of the pots already!
And..so that there's at least one photo on this post - we went to Legoland. Thanks to sister in law, Angela, for getting the tickets via Tesco vouchers for Alex's birthday. We didn't get to see it all, but then Alex is too small to be allowed on some of it, so that's fine. A lot of the rides don't let pregnant women on or those with back problems, but I did have a go on one fairly tame ride, and made Roly do the rest!! Hee hee! Alex now has his Legoland Driving Licence, and well deserved - he was pretty good, and didn't treat it like dodgems like a lot of the other children.
1 comment:
WOWW!! Ruth, Congratulations! Very, very cool. :) Boy you've been keeping that one quiet...
My potatoes made it into the ground this weekend (without any more frogs appearing, dessicated or otherwise), along with carrot seeds and onion sets. And a few more seeds indoors, though I think I really need an electric germinator for my aubergine seeds. My house doesn't stay warm enough by itself!
Post a Comment