Santa's baby reindeer were the lucky recipients of 4 dummies from Alex this Christmas. They were parcelled up by us together, and then we wrote a note for Santa, saying that we hoped his reindeer would like them. He scrubbed the carrots for the reindeer himself, and watched me put out the mince pie. .JPG)
When it came to it, I couldn't actually go and put the dummies in the bin myself, Roland had to do it. It's another part of my boy growing up, and not being a baby anymore, and it was really hard.
Alex struggled with not having a dummy that night, he really missed it. By the next night, he didn't ask for it as much, and by night 3, didn't ask for it at all. So I thought we'd done quite well.
But, while up at Mum's he said (after I told Mum how good he'd been by giving the dummies away) 'Yes, but when Santa's reindeer have grown up, we can ask for them back!'. Aah, poppet.
When it came to it, I couldn't actually go and put the dummies in the bin myself, Roland had to do it. It's another part of my boy growing up, and not being a baby anymore, and it was really hard.
Alex struggled with not having a dummy that night, he really missed it. By the next night, he didn't ask for it as much, and by night 3, didn't ask for it at all. So I thought we'd done quite well.
But, while up at Mum's he said (after I told Mum how good he'd been by giving the dummies away) 'Yes, but when Santa's reindeer have grown up, we can ask for them back!'. Aah, poppet.
No comments:
Post a Comment