Well, I've just read Erica's latest installment of her world trip, and my trip to Ikea yesterday rather pales into insignificance compared to her hiking up a waterfall, and Ian abseiling down it..!!
We only went to Ikea to buy the guard rail for Alex's new bed.... ha ha easier said than done with a 2 year old in tow. He lost his shoe within 5 minutes of being in the store, and poo-ed his pants too (denying he had of course). Then we find that the unpainted rail doesn't exist, to match the bed we bought; you can only buy the painted version....I don't get the logic here, or the lack of it! Why do I now have to have a rail that doesn't match the bed. Hey ho.
Then we had a trip to see Nanny in hospital. Nanny had a call last Sunday to offer her a kidney, if she was a blood match for it, and she was! It all went well, and she nearly came home on Saturday, but her blood pressure and potassium levels are too high, so they've kept her in. It was a trek to see her, but worth it. Alex hasn't been in a hospital since he was born, I don't think, so he didn't really know how to behave there.
No comments:
Post a Comment