Well, here we are at the end of another year. An interesting one, as it only can be whilst watching and helping a small boy grow up into the rather lovely son we have. (Yes, we're biased!)
Roland started off the new year in a new job, which we have to say, has been an excellent job, where he has made a great group of friends, been sent away on a few trips to other companies to install equipment there, and felt part of a team again. His company has been taken over recently, but this seems to be good, not bad. Fingers crossed he may get promoted in the next year, and go to foreign countries too on trips.
I also managed to secure a new job, not that I'd been particularly looking, but I knew that if I was going to get a new job is was now or never! So when this one turned up - 'Waste Minimisation and Education Officer', I had to try, and obviously succeeded. It is only a 6 month secondment to start with, but with a little bit of luck, it maybe extended. Enjoying it a lot, and I now have a team of 4 to manage which is new to me, but a good and rewarding challenge.
Looking back over the year, I found it amazing to read in my blog that Alex started using the potty in February! He's still not fully toilet trained, but we're not worried. He's going to wear big boy pants in nursery after Christmas - have to make the big break from nappies sometime!! He's going into his new 'big' bed in 2 weeks' time, while we have the chance over the Christmas break to help him stay in it. He's had 3 out of the final 4 teeth through in the last few months, so at least that's nearly out of the way too.
We had a holiday in West Ireland in May, staying at the cottage of our friends, Sarah and Mark. Sarah's parents own the cottage, which is near Sligo, in a really remote country setting - only sound was the sheep (and occasionally the cows). A very relaxing week in all. Our other holiday this year was to Brussels, for the wedding of a friend of mine, Becky, and Roger. We took Eurostar from Waterloo, and had a good weekend (although short).
Alex and I finally got onto my bike in July, him in the kiddy seat behind me, and he loves it very much. He happily grabs hold of my pockets as we go along, and doesn't mind the bumps at all. He also took very happily to a bike handed onto him by our local librarian cos his children have outgrown it.
So that's mostly it, apart from us giving up our allotment at the end of November, and me resigning as Allotment Site Secretary as well (can't give it the commitment it deserves).
Hope you all have a good Christmas and New Year.
Ruth, Roland and Alex.
.JPG)
No comments:
Post a Comment