Monday, March 06, 2006

Survived!!

Well, we both survived Day One.
Alex had mashed potato and gravy for lunch, which he liked, but the mango he had later was an 'ooh yukky' moment! I was just glad to get back to my chicken mayo and salad sandwich at work, and my daily KitKat.
I chose not to ring the nursery at all during the day. If he was upset, I couldn't calm him over the phone, and it would destroy me to hear him crying. Best just to let the staff get on with looking after him, as I trust them to do, and what I'm paying them to do! He thankfully wasn't crying when I went for him at 5pm, which was a huge relief. The staff have recognised that he likes being sung to - well given the amount of music he's heard in his life so far - good! And they say he's a very cuddly baby.
My brain didn't do very well at work. I'm not used to having to concentrate for so long! And so I wanted to eat to keep myself doing something... gallons of water here we come.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Congratulations to both of you! Sounds like it went really, really well. A very cuddly baby who likes being sung to - what a little love! :)

Alison