Saturday, March 23, 2013

paint update

done some more of bathroom ceiling, and final coat on section of window wall I had done.

2nd coat on utility room plastering, and also on the other short wall, so the safe and washing machine and freezer have gone back into place, and the freezer was defrosted 2 days ago. 

As usual, when I'm defrosting it, it takes much less time than I think it's going to, and I wonder why I put it off for so long.  There wasn't that much in it, apart from a drawer of frozen fruit, which all fitted into the other freezer while I worked.

Spent 2.5 hours in the garden while Roly took the kids to Chapter (had been intending on using the time for the allotment, but with the amount of rain we've had in the week, it would have been very muddy work digging).  Garden did need the attention.
Started in the back garden and sorted pots, pruned, celared away unused pots, put stuff in compost bin, dug over the border a bit, took out a load of thick bindweed roots, and...moved into the front garden.  Pruned cornus, hydrangeas, pyracantha, and various other mess, bit of bay tree, and the things growing out of it.  Both green bins full. Still loads to do.

need to start thinking about what to dig up to take with us when we move...

No comments: