I don't really know why I'm so bad at posting, it's not like I don't use the computer. I'm on it every day, but just waste my time on looking at other things, including Facebook.
Yesterday I was driving back from being a seller at my first NCT 'nearly new' sale, and I was minded to write about it, although it obviously took until today to do anything about it. I was advised to be in the queue at 10am, even though the door didn't open till 11am to let sellers in. I thought that seemed a bit excessive, but on arriving at 9.50, I was already 5th in the queue. They only allow 100 sellers, but as every volunteer who helps inside is also a seller, then the number who are actually allowed through the door goes down by a fair bit. When I was heading back to the car, I was very surprised at the long line of people waiting to get in, but apparently that is normal. Once you get in, and hand over your goodies, they are whisked off for sorting while you leave your details, and then you come back at 4pm (or before to get in the queue) to collect what didn't sell (here's where you hope it's not that much to collect!). There's a table of 'lost property', ie stuff who's label fell off and so couldn't be sold, and then they bring your stuff to you in large coloured bin bags (whether you want the bag or not). A few of my items had been labelled as 'withdrawn from sale as it's not 'nearly new'', which was a shame, especially as this was due to a small stain on one jacket. But, I had made a list of everything I entered, and what I priced it at, so I think I should have made about £40. Just have to wait for 3 weeks for the cheque now. It's a money-raising venture for NCT, so they keep 15% of everything you sell over £10 and 30% of everything under £10.
One of the reasons for doing the sale is to try and get rid of the huge amount of clothes we still have in the attic that neither child is going to wear again, and I don't have that many people to pass stuff onto at the moment. 2 friends are pregnant but only one of those may want clothes, and if we ever want to move house (soon we hope!) then we'd rather do it without all these clothes!! I also need to put the clothes into plastic boxes with lids rather than the cardboard ones they've been in for so long, which will make it easier to move them, when the time comes.
And talking of houses, I hate when you happen to find the perfect house when you're not in a position to move just yet. When I was out for a walk with the children this afternoon we went past a house in a culde sac, round the corner from where we live now, but nicer, older houses, and it's at the 'sac' end of the road, so it has a garden that opens out from the back of the house, so it's large, and perfect for us, and has a single garage too, and a kitchen diner, lounge as big as ours, downstairs loo, small room that could become a playroom (or study), and all for under £200K. grump... And cos it's not in whitchurch, we wouldn't have the extra fight of traffic to get to Alex's school in the morning. Ho hum.
To finish - the photo of the pumpkin we grew, sort of by accident!

No comments:
Post a Comment