Saturday, October 31, 2009

catch up / halloween

Haven't posted for a while, been a bit tied up with coping with 2 children! It's SO much easier 2nd time round - you trust yourself and partner not to drop the baby, you remember all the little techniques for calming them, getting them to sleep, changing nappies, you're not so stressed as a result. We went swimming today, with a friend in tow to look after Philippa, so Alex could have us to himself (he's been missing mummy-time) - but wow - I wouldn't have even let anyone else look after A at that age ( 4 weeks). I managed to get Alex to a party for 10am this morning...good, but on Monday I've got to get him to school for 9am! (thank god it was half term this week when Roly went back to work).
I'm a little annoyed that I can't turn off the passenger airbag on my car, cos that means P will always have to go in the back. Thankfully she travels very well, and nearly always falls asleep in the car.


Halloween:
We've had lots of people to the door, and Alex has loved waiting for them, opening the door,and handing out the sweets; and talking ten to the dozen to whoever it is.

'My mummy bought me a lolly for Halloween, and it was the shape of a bat, and I loved it. I scrunched it up in my mouth till it was wet.'

Calling 'Happy dreams' to them as they left...(?)

No comments: