My co-ordination is useless, and so is my brain, and my body. I can't walk anywhere for longer than about 20 minutes without feeling in some sort of pain, I can't sit for longer than 10minutes without wriggling, and having to change position. I can't type any more, good thing that I actually correct what I type or you'd be having a good laugh at the mistakes.
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited about the baby, and I'm not sure that I am. Well, yes, I'm excited about actually meeting and seeing him after all this time of carrying him around, but the whole pain,labour, breastfeeding thing is not such an exciting prospect.
Went to the first of 2 breastfeeding workshops today, where, ok I'd heard most of it before, or read it at least, so it wasn't totally new, but it's always good to have the important bits reinforced. The next class is next Monday, on my due date, so I hope I make it there, cos they'll be talking about expressing - something that is missing from most of the books and leaflets.
Alex has been pretty active today, especially during the class, and now, as I write. At least he's still head down, the way he should be, but sleep is getting more broken, although I think I slept for 4 hours on the same side last night - that will be unheard of once he's born. They said at the class that the first week is hell, as the little mite has to get used to NOT having food on demand 24hours a day, but will still want food as often as he can get it. I REALLY hope he's a good feeder, as that will mean he will be full after each feed, and then will sleep better, cos his tummy's full. (and then I get more sleep too!).
Hope I sleep well tonight - had to go and buy nursing bras this morning, straight to breastfeeding class, then home, make a few important phonecalls, and then to the hairdressers (so now having a Happy Hair Day).
1 comment:
Awww, you poor thing. :( It doesn't help any, but it may be at least a consolation to know that this is utterly normal. OK, I've not given birth, but every one of my friends who has has gone through the 'get this little blighter OUT of me NOW so I can give him/her a darn good cuddle' phase. In some cases, noticeably. Let's just hope the little lad is on time (or maybe a day or two late, so you can get that last class in).
I think the funniest labour story I ever heard was Heather's; the poor girl ended up having to be induced, and after 24 or 36 hours at the hospital, and an indecent amount of frustration later, she announced "Right. I've had enough. It's never coming out, and I'm going home." Needless to say, Rebecca made her appearance shortly after, and is the happiest baby I've ever met. You'll be fine, honey. Big, gentle hugs, back rubs and foot massages to you.
Post a Comment